Skip to main content

On an Umbrella With an Oar

These blades of grass
Sitting in your pocket
Digging through your lap,
Rooting their scribbles with chokes
Yet you missed the due to post
Now you wait for the next train
With a ticket you dug out the drain
Throwing your pain
Hoping the steel poles would stain.

Your knees hurt, they're weak,
The pregnant lady's in her sixth week,
The baby won't ever know your name
But you wrap your scars in tape
Walk to the end of the rain
Apologize to any who gets caught in them
My mates said it's enough, be ashamed.

The waves come hit your back
Your cheek grazes the track
The silt coming downstream
Turns into the brown of your eyes
And the holes in your umbrella
Don't seem to capsize your heart.

Nice soft focus, the blue skies up above,
Rowing in the floods of every dying dove
Every unlit campfire left in the grove
Littering trash cans with discarded hope
Balance is delicate, either end falls to eternity
And at the very bottom, with old sleeves muddied,
You make a pile of clothes
And every vile thing spit out
Setting out on a fisherman's expedition,
A vagabond destined to drown
When he catches more than he can swallow.

Often, you'll be the example
In scriptures or obituaries
When your defense will do nothing but rest
The vehicles around silent at your behest
Leak for everything that has ever bruised you
And the red lights will seal in their old cassettes
All of it.

So finally, when the droplets
Of sweat or rain or tears, I don't know,
Will dampen, maybe deafen your ear,
Or your sight stuck on raised toes behind bus stops
Oh, you wouldn't know how it feels to fly,
Splash and splash, until the saline hurts
And your palms smell of rotten love,
Just stay still and push and push and push,
Until all windows break, and they stop,
To look and scorn, a human from the sky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons from Social Engineering

It is a common misconception that security is solely a technological problem. Companies and individuals may allocate a significant portion of their spending to design the best security policies, protecting themselves with the latest security products and hire personnel from the top security firms. But such entities are still vulnerable to attacks. Technology creates a false sense of security among people leading them to ignore the weakest link in security practices i.e. the human factor. Anybody who thinks that equipping themselves with the latest security products and technology makes them immune to attacks buys into this same illusion of security. Security should be viewed as a process and not a product and should be tackled not as a technological problem but a people and management problem. Why is that the case? It’s because the biggest threat to a business is a social engineer. It’s usually an unscrupulous, glib, friendly and obliging person that distracts you with his le

Home

Creaking doors in tumble down corridors Give away at the slightest push, Trembling legs make it to rest, As this ruse slowly strips away. The dilapidated bed struggles to support a fall, As the shabby blanket embraces a hollow form, Winds howls in through cracks in the window, And the moon checks in from time to time. Eyes peer through this veil of darkness, Light fades in the distance, Ever falling towards the seedy underbelly, Yet never reaching. The dusty floor covered in heaps of clothing, Cleverly conspires with the scorching heat, To hide those tears, That pour out from irreparable gaps of the heart. Wails from some invisible corner, Rouses from a sleepless slumber, Who is this shrunk, morose figure, That begs to leave. The mouth of a well, Overlooks the cold reservoir, Tugging at the damp rope, Oblivious of no escape. Dull and musty curtains, Waving in sympathy, Mourning at the dire sight, Of a soul trapped within itself. Loud knocks and comfo

I Make Your Art

I make melodies with my mouth, I run these bleeding fingers down south, My heart separates to soothing strings, Oh please help me, hide my fallen wings. I dance around to shades of moonbeam, I serenade your presence in my dream, This darkness escapes my grasp, My ear searches your clap. I made another world today, I gave something, I took away, Please don't abscond me, For my sins in a fantasy. I laughed on the stage again, I played with my pain, For the whole world may see my excellence, My simplicity seeks your credence. I put up a face to fight, I hid my debilitated might, Beneath those inebriated bandages, My existence dwells in your cages. I saw this empty orchestra, I was dressed in magenta, Were you standing behind that blinding light? Did you come to bless my plight? I lied to you now and then, I professed the impossible and made it happen, My tricks vanished with your fascinations,  My reality is your aberration.  I removed my facade, I