Skip to main content

The Times I Did, I Didn't

Don't keep me in your mind,
Instead the flickers of the sky
In your eye, on the way to a shrine,
Beside the telephone line.
Let the king speak
Through a mongrel's beak
And havoc wreak upon a unchecked freak,
Now a car stops in the parking lot
Her touches the tyres jot.

Stubborn kids on mountains tall
Drink the miner's wine, to deaths they fall,
But did they ask the coaly gasp
Of the amber laughs in an anxious grasp.
The drawers flung in the burning sun
With a heart that mites couldn't turn
And even though the train didn't show
Letters fall off pigeons, dangle in the snow
And then we leave a light off for the neon crow.

Over time, our songs morph into this reiteration of busted roofs and the flying wheels above the cable lines. Sometimes, an ambitious plastic bag latches onto the clothesline and as your wish to set it free often comes at a price. Human love is eternally divisible, given to the most unsuspecting soul on the mass transit or the greatest mismatch since universe and life.

We are home to fear and caution, but more is the fact that this is some plot of destruction. Where they lay out white sheets against the city lights, in the infant storm and narrate that favorite story in black, white and mute.
You see every moment then becomes a previous and next to that one, where those threads of the blanket touch some curved corner of your lip and then another.

Everyone sees it twice, the yellow cross on the old shop that sells you medicine. I'm scared right now when I write this, that this needle would fall into a haystack and deprive me of an urgency or that it would push into my veins and put me down beside the pig sty in a pool of piss. But in between, it would be the magic of a daily wager's trade, a writer's forever lost grace, some fragments of a distant star, a dead astronaut's unleased car. But it doesn't, because I didn't.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home

Creaking doors in tumble down corridors Give away at the slightest push, Trembling legs make it to rest, As this ruse slowly strips away. The dilapidated bed struggles to support a fall, As the shabby blanket embraces a hollow form, Winds howls in through cracks in the window, And the moon checks in from time to time. Eyes peer through this veil of darkness, Light fades in the distance, Ever falling towards the seedy underbelly, Yet never reaching. The dusty floor covered in heaps of clothing, Cleverly conspires with the scorching heat, To hide those tears, That pour out from irreparable gaps of the heart. Wails from some invisible corner, Rouses from a sleepless slumber, Who is this shrunk, morose figure, That begs to leave. The mouth of a well, Overlooks the cold reservoir, Tugging at the damp rope, Oblivious of no escape. Dull and musty curtains, Waving in sympathy, Mourning at the dire sight, Of a soul trapped within itself. Loud knocks and comfo...

Damaged Goods

Do you remember the day? When the heap gave away, Crumbling down as I stood, Even I was rendered damaged goods. Pour some malt through the cracks, And watch as it spills out, The stars look beautiful from a windowsill, The ache muffles you whenever you speak. Empty benches and dry fountains, Cold gusts and tattered blankets, Triumphant endeavors and bolstered hopes, Those painful melodies ringing in heart holes. How long will you sit there? And bear the scrutiny of unkind eyes, Oh, foolish mind, you murder yourself behind closed doors, Over afflicted horrors and lost causes. How long does it take? To strip down all those deceitful layers, Those masked truths, those dark mirrors, Do the tears help? Or do they just aggravate? Running through your shallow veins, Of different colour and make, Illusionist in function, numbing in effect, A bed of pitiful expulsions it lays. These same veins bleed out ink, On papers dirty and clean, Of intimate words and excru...

Insanity

I rattle this cage in the dead of the night, As I gape at the morbid guard, Towering walls suppress my plight, As darkness topples me with its might. Light turned his back on me, Many a moon ago, The stale air suffocates me, The silence drives me mad. I weep and wail, I scream and call, Until those chides turn me solemn, And I hysterically laugh. Label me this and tag me with that, Dope me up until I can’t talk, These are murky waters you send me to, Unbeknownst of how I may return. Oh look, what a beautiful night it is, Something to celebrate, Startled at this sudden change of scene, The mind craves familiarity. Where did my pain go? This void feels intolerable, Eyes dash in search for anguish, Because agony is better than vacuum. Love knocks on the door, But I turn it away, Because revelries do not dwell in dreadful shanties, And the dead do not wish for rain. I follow this desolate road, To where it may take, Into the belly of frozen hellfire, ...